Monday 20 May 2013

Everybody Draw Muhamad Day 4

In support of freethinkers, artists, cartoonists, and bloggers everywhere The internet brings you Everybody Draw Mohammad Day 4. This has been an annual event since 20 May 2010, since it was created as protest against riots orchestrated to shutdown criticism of Islam and Mohammad expressed in some Danish cartoons. Free expression is a precious and fragile thing, all ideas must be subject to criticism without fear, no matter how deeply or piously held.

This annual event has also been making the point that acquiescing to violent protests over critical art in defence of fables, myths and authoritarian rule is no more than cowardice. The more frequently these more primitive cultures are expose to criticism this less extreme the reaction will be over time. They will become accustomed to such ideas or at the very least just get tired of losing their shit every other minute. Being a fulltime yelling, screaming, brick throwing, rioting, embassy burning, flag burning, effigy burning lunatic has got to be exhausting.

The Islamic religion is used to subjugate women to men, used to justify murdering those with dissenting opinion both political and religious.

Hamza Kashgari still languishes in custody for more than a year in Saudi custody for three white bread tweets on Mohammad's Birthday:
  • On your birthday, I shall not bow to you. I shall not kiss your hand. Rather, I shall shake it as equals do, and smile at you as you smile at me. I shall speak to you as a friend, no more.
  • On your birthday, I find you wherever I turn. I will say that I have loved aspects of you, hated others, and could not understand many more.
  • On your birthday, I will say that I have loved the rebel in you, that you've always been a source of inspiration to me, and that I do not like the halos of divinity around you. I shall not pray for you.

Amina Tyler, of Tunisia, is in hiding after authorities called for her death for two tweets, "My body gives honour to no one. My body belongs to me" and  "Fuck your morals" on her bare chest. Her protest, and the reactionary response led FEMEN to an international protest, that freaked to Chancellor Merkel while at an official function with an unfazed Vladimir Putin, of course he thinks he has the problem sorted having buried the Pussy Riot issue.

Ben Baz, In Kuwait has yet to be released.

These are just a few of the stories of human rights violations that are happening the around world as people fight for basic human rights enjoyed in countries that have profited from the European and American enlightenment. We stand in solidarity those who are touched by the iron hand of theo-fascist totalitarianism.

See also Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment